Saturday, September 10, 2011

Alright, Here I Go - Saturday, August 27

Got up just in time to get my stuff and out the door to my first photo shoot.  I have no real clue about what to expect, but here I go anyway. 

Got a little bit of a rough start because I hadn't calmed down and felt a little flustered.  But, then I really feel like I got my groove.  I was seeing shots I could take all over the place, but trying to remember all of the things I needed to do technically with my camera was stopping me in my tracks at times.  The girls were just precious and I was so happy that they just completely let loose and became themselves at the end and provided me with some fabulous pictures.

There was one point when my stomach just fell.  It was at the end of the shoot and I looked on my LCD screen and saw an overexposed and washed out picture.  I realized that I had a WB setting on my camera set incorrectly.  Oh, no, did this mean that I had messed up all of the pictures until this point?  What was I to do?

Got home and was anxious to see how the pictures came out when downloaded on my computer.  I sat down and realized that my fears were confirmed.  I had lost a ton of pictures to the incorrect WB setting!  I was sick.  Seriously, I felt sick to my stomach.

I had to force myself to go to other committed activities that day (lunch with Aaron's parents and a birthday party for one of Aaris' friends) because all I wanted to do was stay home and photoshop pictures.  The only thing good that came out of these commitments was that I got a beautiful upper elementary girl to confirmed to pose for me soon...and her mom, too, who was in need of some new head shots for her website.  

I did stay up late into the night editing the pictures.  I really just wanted to get done with them.  I was even able to salvage some of the overexposed pictures into some beautiful black and white artistic type of pictures.

I prepared a slideshow to email to all of my family the next morning to see what they thought.

The one HUGE thing to note about the day is this:  I had NO interest in food!  I had to FORCE myself to eat, and it wasn't very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment