Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 10

For the most part a good day.

My day started with having a talk with my brother about my eating such as why I'm eating this way, how my eating restrictions are getting more flexible, and how my eating has let me not have to worry about episodes that would send me to the hospital.  I also asked me to be aware of what he chose to eat.  He had declared the night before that it was his vacation and no one could tell him what he had to eat.  Well, this might not be very thoughtful of the fact that this is my vacation as well.  So, I asked that if he wanted extra of anything we ate that he would first question if what he ate could be something I could eat as leftover than maybe he not eat so much of it.  This would help me because I really didn't feel like completely cooking every meal from scratch on my vacation.  Any leftovers would be very helpful to me.

He also brought up how he didn't like me restricting Aaris' eating, so I needed to explain more of her eating to him as well.  Why she has needed to eat without sugar, and how her eating is becoming more flexible and more sugar has been allowed. 

What really bothered me was how our conversation started out.  I knew as of last night that I needed to talk to him in a very adult and mature way to just go ahead and clear the friction I could feel starting up between us.  Unfortunately, my being on edge about stuff between us already had lead to me stating out loud that "My kids already have a parents and they don't need another one (referring to Jeremy)."  So, when I recognized this as a definitely sign that something needed to change and therefore asked him to step away and talk with me it led straight to a lot of drama.  He pretty much got very defensive and started to through a fit in response and that made me jump right into mother mode attitude of 'I'm not going to tolerate a fit.'  But, I'm very thankful that we talked through it all and were happy around each other the rest of the trip.

I had a really fun time taking pictures at the beach and watching my kids enjoy the sand and waves.

I did also get to experience some remarkable.  Titus, just a week earlier when swimming was scared to swim in the deep end of the pool with his floaty on because he wasn't confident that the floaty would hold him up in the deep water.  But this day after I convinced him to take off his vest to practice diving for toys on the pool steps ended up turning into a complete swimmer.  REALLY!  After playing on the steps for a while he agreed to trying to swim to me.  I was very close, but over the matter of about 15-20 minutes I had worked my way to the middle of the pool and he was swimming all the way out to me and then back.  Well, that did it!  He then wanted to swim over to Aaris in the deep in.  After he did he climbed the steps and just jumped into the deep in without a hesitation and swam to the side all by himself.  I then helped him dive for toys in the deep end by pushing him down to grab them and pulling him back up.  Then, he took some of the toys and started jumping into the more shallow in and retrieving the toys and swimming back to the side again all by himself!!  Again, this was someone who at the beginning of the trip to the pool was nervous about putting his head under far enough to reach the toys on the steps of the pool much less the bottom of the pool!  It was just REMARKABLE to witness!

That evening we sang happy birthday to Hattie and everyone else ate cake to celebrate her belated 30th birthday.  I presented her with my gift which was a bond photo scrapbook of the first 30 years of her life.  I had tears running down my cheeks as she opened it, but she didn't.  I hope it's only due to the fact that she is not as emotional as I am.  But, it's probably also due to the fact that I had spent about 100 hours or more of my time making it just perfect yet that time is hard to see in the finished product.

Downloaded pictures I had taken from the first day and it did make me not like my body!

At snack time that day I did want to stuff my face with a bag full of vegetable chips but since my dad was watching I didn't eat the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment