Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 12

My greatest joy of the day was being the photographer this morning for all of our family group and individual portraits.  It truly made me feel good to have a 'job' to do!

Enjoyed the simple things like building a sandcastle and searching for seashells.

Overate at lunch with a little too much meat and one rice cake I didn't need, but just wanted.

I had 3 terrible dreams at nap.  So, that plus not wanting my kids to miss out on fun because of my sleeping got me up and out to the pool with them.  This let me see Titus still feeling really comfortable in the water, Aaris really desiring to practice swimming strokes and the first time, and Skylyn becoming more confident at jumping in to the pool all by herself and swimming back to the ladder to do it again.

Went out to eat with just us siblings and spouses while Mimi and Papaw took care of all of the grand kids.  Had to keep reminding myself to be thankful for what I could eat and about enjoying the company and conversation at dinner instead of focusing on the food I couldn't eat.

Had a great walk on the beach with Aaron that night seeing the full moonlight on the waves.  We even saw some fireworks off in the distance.  But, I found myself having a hard time concentrating because I kept getting anxious and occupied with my health.  I just wasn't feeling really good and that made me nervous that something could happen to me on the beach and no one could get help in time.  Aaron was talking about his worries and concerns with raising our girls after what he had been reading in a new book call "Strong Father, Strong Daughters."

I told him about the new book I just started reading, "Made to Crave."  (thanks chelle for the referral)  It's hard to put down because I feel like the author and I have walked the very same path with food.  I feel myself in every page she writes.

Laughter of the day:  Skylyn went tee-tee in a bucket on the beach because the house was locked while others went out for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment