Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nice to Give Back

This morning I had to ask a friend to help me out watching the kids while I went to a quick Dr. appointment (just a check-up to renew my perceptions).  When I got back to her house to pick up the kids she mentioned a meeting she needed to hold.  I asked if I could take her kids with me to help her out.  She said she wouldn't turn down the offer if I was asking.  So, we loaded up her two middle kids and headed home.  The kids all did great together.  They played well in the playroom together, the had fun on the Wii together, they ate well, and over all just had a great time.  I even got some reading time in while they were occupied.

It felt WONDERFUL to actually be able to GIVE BACK!  For so long I have been the one needing help, and let me tell you that if feels TERRIFIC to be in a position finally when I can be of help to others again!  Was it stressful?  Yes!  But, why wouldn't it be.  It a place a haven't been in a long time.  And, it adds more variables to my day.  But, God gave me the strength and we all made it through.

Aaron also needed to get some stuff done after work so that meant I had the kids all to myself for the evening.  Normally I would stress, but God was once again gracious and they were so cooperative and helpful and in good spirits.  Therefore I took them to the pool after dinner.  Besides Skylyn almost drowning (another lady in the pool saw it happen and raced to help her out...while I just assumed she wouldn't get in the pool without her floaty and was taking a minute to focus on getting the diving toys out for the kids) we had another fun time.  

My favorite thing about the day was reading from "Made to Crave."  I really feeling 100% connected to the thought process at the core of the book and identifying with it.  I feel like I'm loading up on a lot of golden nuggets to have on hand when I feel my thinking, motivation, focus start to waver from the quest I'm on to live on God's provisions for my life - one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment