Monday, July 18, 2011

July 14

The kids let me sleep later this day.  My mom had made pancakes for me and Aaris with our special recipe to include no sugar while everyone else got regular pancakes.  I'm really not approved for them yet, but since they were sugar free and I still ate them.  They were pretty good (but not as good as regular ones from a place like IHOP).

Once again I loved my time on the beach.  As soon as we got to the beach I needed to go back to grab chairs and an umbrella forgotten by my parents.  I took the opportunity to take more "background" pictures. 

I asked a friendly question to a group as I was coming back down the beach and they ended up being super fun and chatty.  I think we talked for over 30 minutes.  I love things like that.

I really took the time to play a lot with the kids this mornings.  I had some very precious moments with them.  I just stood in the waves for about 40 minutes with both Titus and Skylyn individually.  Just standing their having my babies wrapped up in my arms in the middle of the waves was priceless.

On the other hand I had a really rough day with Aaris.  All she did was whine, complain and argue.  If we weren't at the beach on vacation I would have sent her to her room for most of the day.

No problem eating the right foods this day, just a hard time stopping my eating/over eating.

Boogie Boarded for a long time in some really big rough waves this evening.  Thought a lot about my attitude towards them.  They seemed more like challenges to conquer instead of seeming like something to just endure.

Great girl's night out with my mom and sister.  We had fun conversation at dinner.  We were gone for about 2 1/2 hours. 

Well, here's where it get complicated.  I had been talking off and on all day at the beach to the same family I had taken the picture of.  I had told them about the Picaboo Photo book I made for Hattie and they said that I was welcome to come by and show it to them.  So, when we got back at 10:00 I wanted to head over there to talk to them.  I was really looking forward to it.  Even though it was about 4 houses down from the boardwalk on the beach, I drove because there was a good possibility of rain (had poured on us in town).  I had told my sister and parents time and time again what house the family was at so I figured they wouldn't have any concerns.  Well, in true Jessica form I ended up staying over there with them talking until 1:00 AM.  I loved hearing about them, their family, and their father who had passed a year ago.  Then, we got into God stories of how he was obviously speaking or leading people's lives.  That lasted about 1 1/2 hours and I just loved every minute.  I truly had a GREAT time with them.  I actually like meeting new people because they have no judgement or pre-conceived ideas about me.  They let me be - at my best version because I feel free. 

Well, I had not taken my purse in the house and when I got back in the car I had 2 missed calls from my mom and 2 texts.  It was the wording of the messages and the tone of them that actually bothered me.  For instance, on text read, "It's time to come back."  My thoughts first went to how sorry I was to  have worried them, but then jumped right into 'what was their problem'?  I had told them time and time again where I was.  They could look out from the porch of the beach house and see theses people's house, their car (I drove) still sitting there.  So, obviously they hadn't listened to me time and time again when I talked to them about this sweet family.  Then, I thought they were treating me like a little girl living at home who had a curfew I had broken.  Um, I'm a 35 year old women who has been living alone with my husband for 13 years.  Then, don't they know and trust me.  Don't they know that I'm a people person and a listener and talker?  Don't they know that I have never picked a friend or acquaintance that wasn't true and safe.  Don't they know that I'm a night owl and that staying up late is no big deal for me.

Well, I got home and texted them back so that if they woke up they would know that I was okay.  Then, I went to sleep dreading waking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment