Monday, July 18, 2011

July 16

Traveling home.  Not bad.  I still wanted to eat but was able to rain it in.  There were sources of tension that still arose. 

The biggest blow came from my mom.  She asked me if I had been purging.  "WHAT?!?!" is all I could scream in my head.  Urggg!  Come on.  Someone please trust me.  Someone please give me credit for being honest.  I don't know why when I tell everyone that this is a no-holds-bar journal of my journey they can't believe it.  I mean, REALLY, have I not proved that I'm telling all by being so reveling of all my thoughts, feelings, mistakes, and flaws.  I HATE having to prove myself.  I HATE having to defend something that I've done nothing to give reason to give doubt!

After we got home and got the kids to bed, I went straight to the pantry.  I grabbed the peanut butter and headed to the living room to unwind from the stress of the day.  Why?  Why do I have to unwind with food that I know is going to make me feel guilty emotionally and sick physically?  Why to fall back to my old way of thinking which is that I deserve a treat for all of the unpleasant things I had to face that day.  I didn't necessarily binge, but I did overeat because I kept eating when I was full and I ate just to keep comforting myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment