It's the day before we leave for our big family beach vacation, so I spent the day packing. Got up later than expected but still had breakfast with my kids. Aaris really likes getting the other two their breakfasts and even making them things like cinnamon toast. Then, I needed to take a bath and really exfoliate myself because a lady was coming over to airbrush tan me! Gotta love Groupon! What sold me was that it was an all natural spray. She just popped a tent up right in my bedroom and the kids were entertained for a good 15 minutes. It sounds stupid, but having my skin look more tanned did make me feel better.
Well, as soon as she was done, we ran some important errands. The first was to Sprouts the more all natural grocery store. We had to pick up some items we needed to take on the trip in order for Aaris and I to eat our special diet. Then it was off to the library. We were able to check out some good books and educational DVDs for the kids. I even checked out a book just recommended to me by a friend called "Made To Crave." (Thanks Chelle)
We got home in time for a lunch of leftovers. Needed to use up as much of the food as possible. Aaris and I did have an incident. She thought her spaghetti was too hot so she wanted to put it in the freezer for a minute. But, she didn't pick a wise choice and didn't ask me for help, so it ended up falling and splattering and spilling everywhere. Was I annoyed. Yes. I had just sat down with my food. But, I jump up and started to clean it up for her. She was in tears. I told her that yes, it was frustrating, but accidents do happen. I was really having to work hard to not have to negative of a tone in my voice or making my choice of words too harsh. But, she just kept crying while I sat there doing all of the work. As I'm halfway through, she just says with an annoyed voice that she's still hungry. Well, negative just took me over. I told her I had no problem with coming over to help clean up her mistake, but he selfish attitude of not helping but instead standing there and crying and complaining about how she is still hungry just made my servant heart turn into a hurt and angry heart. I tried to tell her that all I would desire from coming over to serve her in love was thankfulness.
Well, after we settled back down and ate our food I put Skylyn down for nap. Then began "THE CHORE". I had been dreading this for the past 3 months....picking out my clothes for the trip. That meant I was going to have to actually try on my clothes and realize how bad my body size had grown. Well, I must have still been on a high from the airbrushed tan, but it really wasn't horrible. There were some outfits that still fit nicely. It still took about 2 hours to get it all together with outfits, jewelry, shoes, hats, nightwear, hygiene products, but I wasn't depressed through it. That was SHOCKING to me! That helped me to just keep on pressing on until I couldn't any more. It felt good to be pretty much packed by the time we met up with my parents to eat and load the car for the trip.
After dinner, I ran some errands. Kohl's to look for a new swimming suit - nope. Ulta for make-up replenishing - check. Wal-Mart for new flash card for my camera (ours is very old and not working well) - check. Academy to find a swimming suit - check (This turned out to be more fun than I thought and I found a great suit for 30% off! To the post office to mail letters to old owners of our house - check. Walgreen's to pick up my prescription refill and bottle of Diet Coke for my dad - check. From front door to front door - 1 1/2 hours. Not bad.
Now, the rest of my house is pretty picked up and cleaned up and I'm ready to get to bed. Tomorrow is a long day of travel. This can be hard for me because I like eating in a car!
One thing I'm really looking forward to - focusing on the kids because I will have nothing around the house I need be doing, or some activity I need to drive the kids around with me in order for me to participate.
Oh, and a big accomplishment for today - Skylyn went poo-poo in the potty again after nap!
Bible verses (You had me open up to Matthew 6:7 - 8:9):
Love Matthew 6: 25 - 34
and Matthew 7: 1-6
and Matthew 7: 7-12
Praying you have a fabulous vacation friend! Love you and cheering for you :)
ReplyDelete