Monday, August 22, 2011

August 21

Woke up later than I wanted but still squeezed in a walk, a quick bath, cooking my eggs for breakfast, preparing food and drinks for the rest of the morning, and doing the girl's hair before we left to be on time for church.  

No, I still don't like my hair that much, but I felt like wearing an outfit that felt strong so that I would feel strong walking into church.  The outfit was a pink, sporty dress that I wore with some deep blue fun high heels.  Everyone liked my hair and it made me feel good.

Class was good and I have fallen in love with the hearts of the women in there.  I know that I'm missing out on the relationship building in the class of other parents my age, but that is not what I need to focus on right now.  I need to focus on healing.

We ate with friends at Jason's Deli for lunch which was a nice change from our normal lonely selves.  I had the salad bar with my dressing I brought from home.  The only thing I had different than normal was hummus with my carrots.  Didn't test high for them 4 or so months ago, but knew they were a "free" food for most NRT patients and hoped that it would be true for me at this stage of my recovery.

I got a little intimidated by my friends frankness on an issue I talked to her about, but I was glad to know about her point on view on Aaris as a student (she taught her in the 1st grade Sunday morning Bible class).  Made me know that I really need to talk to Aaris about being a student continuously throughout the year and have frequent check-ins with her teacher on suggestions for changes and habit practices.

Came home and slept.  Didn't necessarily want to because I wanted to get my house clean, but didn't want to face the mess of the house that needed cleaned even more.  Therefore I slept and slept.  When I woke up Aaron was gone to pick up a pizza for him and the kids and they were going to watch a movie.  I decided to eat a bag of vegetable chips and finish catching up on this blog.  I also started (stress the word started) to tackle the mess in the office.  I had a really great idea for what I wanted to get accomplished the next day.  Went to be with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment