Well, all I can say about this day was that I did get up out of bed and did show up at all of the gatherings.
Started out the day with Aaron and I having an argument about Titus' problem of wetting his pants. Despite all of the frustration of not being respected or heard, I decided to talk to Aaron more about the argument because I was determined to not enter the rest of my day up in arms with my best friend at the family reunion. We were able to talk it out and my pain and anger fizzled out.
At breakfast the bacon I had precooked and brought on the trip with me had gone bad. Therefore I left breakfast still hungry. Aaron's dad had bought some special mixed nuts and even though I knew they were not the best choice I still grabbed them to finish filling me up...or so I thought. When we got to Aaron's grandparent's house I went to grab them from my bag and they were not there. This left me distraught and frustrated and flustered and deprived feeling. Some how God allowed me to fight off the feeling with some strawberry and banana Crisps and some grapes. But, the afternoon was not so successful. I was really working hard to get in on conversations and be happy and personable but was not feeling completely successful. I finally caved at about 2:45 and had some sea salt mixed nuts that were there. And I had more, and more, and more until I ended up eating over half the can. Then I felt horrible.
I spent the rest of the day throwing myself into taking pictures. All but two of the females went to get pedicures together. My mother-in-law was super kind and paid for both Aaris' and my pedicure. This was Aaris' first pedicure. She loved it until she had to wait about another hour for all of the rest of us to finish getting our pedicures. Unfortunately I didn't even get to fully enjoy my pedicure because I had no one to connect with except my camera. And, while I was getting my pedicure I was not able to take pictures.
We went out to eat and the only part I really enjoyed was finding ways to entertain the kids outside while we waited. it made me feel successful at investing myself into those relationships and putting the kids first above my embarrassment.
I really wanted to get to our place of lodging and binge this night on more nuts (the one's I originally accidentally left behind) but instead ended up sitting with the kids in the RV and starting the book "The Hole in our Gospel". Much better choice.
Verses that God presented me with this morning:
*2 Thessalonians 1:11
1 Timothy 1:5
No comments:
Post a Comment