Today I had to wake up without my mom's phone call (because she was sleeping late in my guest bedroom). I walked and read HEBREWS 12 which was VERY encouraging and helped me feel loved and like I could persevere.
My favorite verse: HEBREWS 12:11
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."
I also really liked the rest of the chapter and it spoke to me about all of the ways I'm needed to approach and view and look at what God has planned for my walk with him. I don't have untouchable mountains between Him and I. I have a heavenly place with him through this journey that is filled with joy, righteousness and Jesus as my great mediator.
I kept the baby once more. It was somewhat rough this morning because he was really tired. But for some reason I had peace about it. I kept thinking that God is in control of this day and he will do what he knows best with it. I'm sure it also helped to know that I didn't have to deal with the baby and all of the other kids since they would be out the whole morning enjoying time with my parents.
I took the baby with me to my NRT appointment. It was a GREAT appointment! I was unblocked - YEAH! I also came down on some of my supplements. Then, I got REALLY excited because Dr. Albracht discovered and addressed a very tender abdomen that I have dealt with for decades apparently due to a tender aorta. He could tell that something was making that area of my aorta pump harder and more intensely. Interestingly enough I had just had this issue be uncovered by my regular doctor back in May and had a number of tests and ultrasounds performed to see if they could figure out the problem - but they couldn't. He found the cause and now I have a tea supplement to cure it! THANK YOU GOD for working through him to continue to heal me!!!!!!! The one bummer is that my rice cakes didn't test well so I shouldn't be eating them. :(
Got home in time to feed the baby. The kids also showed up with Mimi and Papaw to drop off Skylyn. I debated what I should eat in my head for awhile and with God's help came to the conclusion that a plate full of fish and leftover cooked veggies would be best.
Afterwords I put the baby down for a nap and just started mad-dash painting the beds and the armour shelves. A number of times I really wanted to stop for a snack. I decided against it because I knew I wasn't hungry but instead just didn't want to face the 2nd coat of paint I was realizing was needed to be done after the first one I was applying. I then put Skylyn down for nap and kept working. God was gracious to me today and allowed the baby to sleep for 3 hours!!! That gave me the ability to have time to apply the second layers of paint and be complete with that project. In fact, I was even able to get a 35 minute nap myself.
When he woke up I fed him his bottle on my bed while I ate an entire bag of vegetable chips. Why did I do that? Was it a reward for finishing the bed painting? Was it dreading needing to prime and paint the bedroom wall in the girl's room? Was it rebellion against my not being able to eat rice cakes? I don't know. But I do know I shouldn't have eating the whole thing.
Aaron took Skylyn out on a date since the older two kids were going to be sleeping at Mime and Papaw' house. I stayed home and finished installing the bracket strip, brackets, and shelve in the girl's new armour. I also had a good amount of time to catch up on my journaling.
Thank you God for being in control of my day and planning it out better than I could have attempted on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment