Success came early today. My mom called and helped me to get my tush out of bed early. 6:50 AM to be exact. I plan on trying to get up earlier tomorrow realizing that my kiddos were ready way faster still than I was this morning.
It felt good to move my body. For the first time I didn't incline my treadmill or walk with weights. I just walked. Start simple and low key. That's something I've just about never done when it comes to physical exertion. I've always thought 'go hard or go home'. Right now, I just need to learn to take steps towards healing.
I then went and opened my Bible to see what God wanted me to hear for today. I must say He lifted my spirit higher then I expected. I opened up to Ezekiel 27. Read it. It is quite amazing. It talks of how God, prophesying through Ezekiel, brought a valley of dry bones to life. Literally! Ezekiel watched the bones come together and then tendons, muscles and skin appeared. Then, he watched as breath entered them. The bones then say to Ezekiel: "Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off." THIS IS HOW I HAVE BEEN FEELING! God then had Ezekiel prophesy, "This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel." Then, Ezekiel 27:23 really stuck me: "They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with an of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. The will be my people, and I will be their God." POWERFUL AND HOPEFUL IN MY EYES!
Considering the last 5 days, today was a delight with my kids. I greeted them with joy and huge hugs and kisses. We all ate breakfast together. About the only time they bothered me was at the fabric store again, but they did calm themselves down better and we ended there on a good note.
I did some work today that I didn't feel like, but glad I did.
Tonight Aaron's dad offered to watch the kids while we went and watched the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. Oh, and just to be extra generous and kind he handed Aaron a $20 as we were leaving. That was above and beyond in kindness and love and we really treasured this whole evening as a gift. In the last year I think we have only been 2 times to a movie at a theater that was playing a newly release film (not the $1 theater). It was fun and I actually laughed out loud - not common for me at movies. It felt refreshing! We then got to go and eat dinner along together. What a delight!
Thank you God for helping me take a step forward today instead of backwards. Please continue to help me make progress ever day, no matter how minute it may be. Just no backsliding anymore please. And please continue to breath your Spirit back into this body of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment